Their MissionThe mission of the Reshoring Initiative is to bring good, well-paying manufacturing jobs back to the United States by assisting companies to more accurately assess their total cost of offshoring, and shift collective thinking from ‘offshoring is cheaper’ to ‘local reduces the total cost of ownership.’
Get InvolvedWhile many believe the United States is no longer an advantageous place to produce goods, nothing could be further from the truth. However, if more manufacturing is to find its way back from overseas, it needs to become a national priority. That's why it's important for both individuals and companies to get involved in the Reshoring Initiative.
Ways to Support the Cause
- Rally support for reshoring in your company, industry and community.
- Link to www.reshorenow.org from your company's website.
- Post relevant comments to online articles about American manufacturing.
- Send a letter to the editor regarding the importance of reshoring in your industry.
- Share the Total Cost of Ownership Estimator™ with local economic development groups.
- Talk to your U.S. Senators and Congressmen about the economic benefits of reshoring.
- Share information about any events or publications where the topic of reshoring would apply to the Reshoring Initiative.
- Submit a reshoring case study.
- Become a sponsor of the Reshoring Initiative.
- Share links to reshoring articles that you would like to see featured in the Reshoring Library.
- Volunteer your time to a Reshoring Initiative project.